30 April 2016

Step By Step Party Makeup









Step 1:

First I applied a primer using my fingers, so that the makeup would last all night.
I used the L'oreal Lumi Magique primer that gives the face a glow so that the foundation would get a dewy look. If you don't want a dewy look I would recommend another primer, fx. the Max Factor Facefinity All Day primer.

 Secondly I applied a foundation with a damp BeautyBlender.
The foundation I used was the MAC Studio Sculpt foundation, which has SPF 15 in it.
This foundation helps give the dewy look, so you can put a setting powder on top if you want to.



Step 2:

I then applied a concealer that was a few shades lighter than my foundation, I used L'oreal Lumi Magique concealer. This gives it a highligting effect. I blended the concealer out using the pointy side of the BeautyBlender.
I put the concealer in a triangular shape under my eyes, in a line down my nose, in a X on my chin, on my cupid's bow and my forehead.

After that I used a technique called "baking". Baking is when you apply a heavy amount of translucent powder on the parts you want to "bake".
I used NYX HD Studio Photogenic Finishing Powder and a fluffy brush for this. You can also use your BeautyBlender for this, if you want to.




Step 3:

First I lightly brushed the translucent powder off using a fluffy brush and outwards motions.

Then it was time to get the colors back to my face. I started by bronzing my face using the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in "Give Me Sun!". The brush I used was the Real Techniques Blush Brush.
For blush I used the Gosh Natural Blush in "Flower Power" and a Real Techniques Stippling Brush.
The highlighter I used was the Sleek Solstice Highlighting Palette and a Real Techniques Setting Brush. On my cheekbone I used Hemisphere, which is a purple-y color (but isn't purple when it's on the face), and on my cupid's bow I used Equinox, which is peach.



 Step 4:

Now it's time for eyeshadow.
I applied a eyeprimer first. This was the MAC Pro Long Wear Paint Pot in "painterly".
To set the primer I used the Rimmel Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder and a bronzer brush from So Eco.
I then applied a transition color. I choose the color "Combust" from the Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette.
I used the same bronzer for my eyeshadow as I used on my cheeks. I put the bronzer in my crease and blended it upwards until there was no harsh line between my crease color and transition color.
I repeated this step a few times to make the color more vibrant. I used a M.Cosmetics 212 brush for the bronzer and transition color and a Real Techniques setting brush to blend the edges.






Step 5:

I wanted to try out the foiled eyeshadow I had, so that is what I did.
The foiled eyeshadow I was using was the Makeup Geek foiled eyeshadow in "Grandstand".
I started by applying it with a M.Cosmetics 208 brush, which is flat, but it wasn't as pigmented as I wanted it to be, so I just used my finger to apply it to my whole lid and then used the flat brush to get the edges even.




Step 6:

I went for a halo eye, so I applied the same bronzer to my lower lashline from inner corner to outer corner and dragged it down, using the same brush as earlier. 
Because my lashes are so long you wouldn't be able to tell there was any eyeshadow on my lower lashline if I didn't drag it down slightly.

I also highlighted my inner corner with the Sleek Solstice Highlighting Palette using the color "Subsolar" and a smaller version of the 212 brush from M.Cosmetics.



Step 7:

To finish the look I applied mascara and browgel. The mascara I used is the Maybelline Great Lash Mascara and the browgel is Gosh Defining Brow Gel in 002.
A good tip when you apply mascara is to look down into a mirror or tilt your head back, because then you won't get it on to your eyeshadow or eyelids.



Step 8:

Last step is to apply a setting spray, so it last longer.
I used the MAC Mineralize Charged Water Skin Hydrating Mist.

applying lipstick is optional. If I were to put a lipstick on, I would use one of the Kylie lipkits. The color I would choose is "Koko K". Koko K is a nude pink color.
The lipkit comes with a lipliner and a liquid lipstick in the same color.




No comments: